Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Blessings of God

Since my posts so far have felt very whinny, I decided that it was time to remind myself of the good things in college. This will be a post where I put the tender mercies I've received and the blessings that have come into my life.

1. I have become much more independent. I used to almost need a friend with me in order to do anything. I needed a second opinion on everything. Now, though, I'm fine walking home, going to the store, and making everyday decisions on my own, without help. There are still some things I've asked my parents about, like jobs and online shopping (which I have done more of in the last two weeks than I did the first 17 years of life), but these are big things, and even that I am getting to a point where I don't need as much advice to be okay. I can make my own plans, decide my schedule by myself, and pick what homework I should do when, all without having to hint to someone else what I'm doing (yes, I used to do that, however subtly). Even with cooking, except for one recipe that was my roommates that I tried, I just do what I feel like, whether it works or not (making 5 times as much tomato sauce as I needed was one of those nots. I'm so sick of tomato sauce right now...) By living on my own, and not in a dorm, I've become a master of my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment